03 November 2010

Fried Chicken With Onion Rings


I remember I did mentioned that I don't like cooking which requires deep frying. And why am I cooking deep fried chicken today?? 

I guess anyone who's reading my blog now should know the answer. Why ah? Yesss....... the kids!!!!
Growing up kids loves fried food. Agree with me? KFC? McD? 

Today's fried chicken is best served as finger food for gatherings or kids parties. It's fragrant and not salty.

Ingredients :




quarter chicken - chop into small pieces 
half an onion - cut into rings 
tapioca flour to coat onion rings ( I used cornflour )

Marinate : ( marinate for 20 minutes )


1/2 an egg ( size c )
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp tapioca flour ( I used rice flour )

Method :



Deep fry chicken in hot oil at high heat till golden brown and crispy.
Dish up and set aside.


With the remaining oil in wok, deep fry onion rings coated with tapioca flour till crispy.


Dish up and mix or place on top of fried chicken.
Serve warm.

***Recipe adapted from Hawker Secret Recipes Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment