25 December 2010

Acar Timun


This acar timun is frequently made by my MIL and it has always been our favourite. Crunchy cucumber and carrot with sweet and sour taste.

CNY is coming and suddenly this acar timun came to my mind. My old man couldn't take spicy stuff, so no acar awak for him. 

Well, I like both. Yum Yum.

Ingredients :


1 large cucumber - skin on, discard centre piths and cut into small strips
1 large carrot - skin peeled, cut into small strips
1 red chili - cut half, deseeded
1 green chili - cut half, deseeded
3 shallots - slice thickly
2cm fresh turmeric - cut half

Seasoning :

3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp salt

Method :


Mix well ingredients and seasoning together in a small pot.
Keep chilled overnight to allow flavours to develop.


Serve.

2 comments:

  1. I like acar too. It's simple to make, but really appetizing to go with rice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah. Sometimes I just eat it alone, like eating salad. :))

    ReplyDelete