28 October 2010

West Lake Fish


My MIL has been advising me numerous times to feed more fish to my children. Well, my parents-in-law do eat lots of steamed fish. And they are very healthy.

Fish is very important for growing up children. It has the omega-3 fatty acid that helps improve children's learning and behaviour. The fish oil helps brain development and thus improves brain health.

It can also reduce the risk of having a heart attack or stroke for adults by cutting down the levels of bad cholesterol.

And yes mother, I'm trying my best to cook more fish for them. :)

Ingredients :


threadfin ( ma yau ) fish - size of a palm ( or can use small pomfret )
( I like to use ma yau because of it's soft texture - very suitable for small kids )
1 tsp salt
8 spring onions - shred finely
8 slices ginger - shred finely
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine

Method :


Rub both sides of fish with salt.
Heat fish over high heat until cooked, about 8 to 10 minutes.


Preheat oil in a non stick pan and saute spring onions and ginger till fragrant.
Add soy sauce, rice wine and juices from cooking fish.


Pour over fish and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment