11 January 2012

Lotus Root Meat Cake


School has started and had been quite busy being my children's mummy, cook, maid and chauffeur too!! Well, I don't have to worry much about my little boy because food is provided in school everyday. But I have to prepare bento lunches for my little girl since she's in the afternoon session class this year. 


Tadaa.. 
My first bento lunch box for her
Glad that she didn't complain with what I had prepared for her, hehe. 

Ingredients :


300g minced pork
100g lotus root - finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped spring onions
1 egg
1 tbsp cornflour

Seasoning :
1 tsp salt - I used 3/4 tsp ( too salty for my liking )
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp pepper

Method :



Mix everything together to form a paste.



Form the minced meat mixture into small cakes.
Preheat a non stick pan with oil and shallow fry meat cakes over medium low heat till golden brown on both sides. ( Do not fry too long or meat cakes will turn very dry and tough )


Remove and drain off excess oil on kitchen towel.


Arrange on plate and serve.

Recipe adapted from Hawker Secret Recipes Cookbook.





4 comments:

  1. hmm, not a bad idea to put lotus root into the meat ..crunchy! what is that white cat? is it egg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's little Bunny lah, hehe. Yeah, shaped from an egg mould. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something new to me. I have never eaten a meat cake with chopped lotus roots. Must try this for sure.

    ReplyDelete