18 September 2010

Miyuk Guk ( Korean Seaweed Soup )

I am a big korean drama fan. Since watching quite a lot of them, I find their variety of food very healthy, colourful and looks very appetizing too. So, I began to try it out in a few korean restaurants and even went to Korea this year and try it out there too, ha ha. My sis says that I'm really going bananas over it. Am I? Am I? :D

Got this recipe from Aeri's Kitchen but I made a bit of changes to suit my liking.

Very surprisingly my kids love this miyuk guk too.




Ingredients :




1/2 cup Miyuk ( Korean Seaweed ) - soaked for 15 minutes, cut into bite size

Size of half a fist of pork tenderloin - cut into small pieces
( marinate with 1/2 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp chinese cooking wine and a dash of black pepper )

1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/8 tsp salt
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 litre water

Method :


Preheat non stick wok with sesame oil and saute pork until half cooked.
Add in miyuk and stir fry for about 3 minutes till pork is completely cooked.




Add in water and when it starts to boil, add in minced garlic and salt.
Boil the soup for about 15 minutes on medium high heat.
Finally, adjust taste with salt.


No comments:

Post a Comment